In celebration of our day off of work on Monday, Jes, Amber, and I decided to have a girl's craft day. Amber and I drove down to the Russo's and after sharing a delicious (but stomach ache inducing) Moe's lunch with Rob in tow too, we got started with our craft. I got the idea watching the Today Show one morning and it looked like an interesting project. So we tried it out!







First, you take your old t-shirt and cut the sleeves off, turn it inside out and start covering it in strips of duct tape. **Tip: for three tshirts we used up an entire giant roll of duct tape so you may need more than you think.

Second, you cut the edges and neck line to look like a tank top.
Third, staple the bottom edge, leaving a 1" seam or so.
Our only casuality - I broke the mini stapler from the Dollar Stop. **Tip: Use a full size one that's not from the Dollar Stop.

Fourth, fold the bag so you have the edges in the middle and staple the corners. This part is a little tricky and it would have helped to have the actual book in front of us instead of just the video but we made it work!

Finally, turn the bag right side out and voila you have a new bag! Looks like vinyl on the inside. If you want a regular flat tote instead of the corner thing, you just staple flat across and that's what Jes did. Both turned out really well. Can't see it really well in Amber's but the seam is not along the front where the logo is, so it makes the bag wider. I'll have to post a picture of mine later b/c it's at home.


Of course, I have to put a little Ellie love on here too b/c I did get to hang out with her some. :) She's eating some regular food now (sweet potato, yum!) and loved reading one of her books. She's sitting up too! We even made cupcakes for her 1/2 birthday celebration but when we got almost to the end she started crying. I think our singing voices all together must have scared her. All in all a fun girl's day (plus Rob some of the day) at the Russo's!


4 comments:
Glad y'all had fun. The bags look pretty cool and fashionable. I couldn't really imagine it earlier when you just said tshirts and duct tape...I thought the duct tape just went along the seam and that seemed silly.
My favorite part of the post "**Tip: Use a full size one that's not from the Dollar Stop."
Looks like a totally fun girls' day! And I'm seriously going to try this t-shirt and duct tape thing...what fun!
YAY!!! It was so much fun!!! :D
that poor mini stapler never had a chance....and it was a great day! :)
Post a Comment