The trail starts off going along Taskinas Creek.
I got to see the marsh lined in ice from higher tide earlier that morning.
Some some wild blueberries along the way.
Then, the trail goes uphill and into the woods.
And then almost at the end, this is one of my favorite parts of the trail. It is almost like yo
u are surrounded by trees, they are really close to the trail and it winds through them for a while before popping you out back on the creek where you head back to the top. All in all a very nice hike.
That afternoon I decided to check out the Ansel Adams exhibit at the Pfac (Peninsula Fine Arts Center) in Newport News. The collection is his "museum collection" and it was pretty amazing. I would suggest checking it out if you're nearby or if the exhibit is ever near you. :) I wish I could take pictures like that! Check it out here.
1 comment:
Proud of your little adventurings :) You're becoming so able to go out and do things by yourself...good for you! Not only did you do a hike but you also went to check out some art, which is a little less expected. :)
Post a Comment