Since I did a lot of cleaning up yesterday, and trying to get organized, I finally got it in my shower and so this morning decided to try it out. And I made it in under 5 minutes! I got a little quicker at the end trying to get the conditioner out of my hair so that I wouldn't go over, but I think for the most part I usually do a good job of taking pretty quick showers. So try it out. You can get a shower timer at a ton of places, but here's a link that I found this morning for one that's only $4. Or you can just take your kitchen timer in the bathroom with you too. At least when those 5 minutes are up you get an alarm to jolt you awake in the morning!

I found a quote in The Green Book at work, saying that Jennifer Aniston takes only three minute showers. That's pretty amazing b/c I took up almost every second of that 5 minute timer this morning. But the quote she said was thought provoking "I found out that every 2 minutes in the shower uses as much water as a person in Africa uses for everything in their life for a whole day - drinking, bathing, cooking, and cleaning...everything!" That's pretty amazing. So yeah, try it out and see if you can cut your showers down to 5 minutes or less. It's a small thing, but still every little bit helps!
5 comments:
you didn't tell me about that! super cool :) i'm going to have to get one of these fun little things too! and that fact you added is plain crazy, makes you realize how wasteful we really are....
you read my blog!! :) aww. well i have to keep some things secret so that you can read about them on here. Actually i just forgot to tell you. Sorry! But yeah you should get one.
I could do it in 5 min if I didn't wash my hair or shave. Pretty neat.
It takes me 5 minutes to even be awake enough to know I'm in the shower in the first place. But I'm up for getting one of those little timer thingies and giving it a shot. :)
hahaha but then how much would you be showering :) hair and body I can definitely do. not sure if I could make it with the shaving. Maybe I'll just start bathing every other day to cut back.
Post a Comment