
Today we had an adventurous Saturday. We met the Russo's and took the ferry from

Jamestown to Surry across the James River. We traveled to College Run Farms, where you can pick your own pumpkins - something I don't ever remember doing! It was great. Ellie even looked the part in her little pumpkin onesie! We got a map of the farm, and each row had a different kind of pumpkin to choose from. Who knew there were that many?

Amber and I decided on a One Too Many (looks like orange lace over a white pumpkin) and a Jaredale (muted colored orange and green one) for the apartment, some mini pumpkins for the dining room table, and a small orange one to go outside the front door too.

Then, I got two pumpkins for the Mad Lab coming up at work - one Lumina (all white) and one that looks like dark clouds on a smaller white pumpkin. Very unusual looking but cool. I'll have to post pictures of the ones that we bought later. After picking lots of pumpkins and enjoying lots of Ellie time, we came back on the ferry and enjoyed lunch with the Russo's. The pumpkins looks really cute in the house, and I can't wait to see how the white ones look for the lab. We had such a fun time exploring the

other side of the river and picking pumpkins. A great way to spend a Saturday!

We definitely want to go back and explore Surry some more, and also go back to the farm in the spring for strawberry picking! :)
3 comments:
yay for such a great saturday :)
looks like you have pic on top of a pic there...maybe just my computer.
Anyway - it was a BLAST! :)
Sounds like a great day trip. The weather was great here so I hope you had as nice on your trip
Post a Comment