Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Shoes, Shoes, and Labor Day

Labor Day weekend was full of lots of relaxing, shopping, cooking, and just hanging out. Friday night, Amber and I decided to do some browsing at Target, Ross, and some other stores. We noticed all of the TERRIBLE shoe fashions out there right now. Why do people want to wear shoes like this? So we documented some of the worst trends out there for you to be the judge. It all started at Target with these pink rubber boots (which I actually think are pretty cute and would be funny to have at work). But Jes thinks that I can only wear them to work if I got Willy a pair too, and somehow I don't think he'd be a fan. Next on our adventures was Ross, where we found these lovely gold boots...with a little surprise on the backs. They were super hot (not in a good way) with fur on the inside (like Uggs) and I just don't know how anyone could wear those unless you lived in Alaska or something.



We went to Rack Room next, and there we found many many ugly trends. Like the very popular gladiator sandals, the crocs with fur (although I would have loved to find the crocs wedge just for Jes), and another atrocity boot with fur on the outside. And just so you know, I did not waiver in my disgust at crocs, so Amber had to model those for the camera along with the fur on the outside ones which I think she rocked pretty well! She could be a shoe model. :) We had a good time with our shoe adventures - but please, don't be caught in some of these trends!


The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out in the burg. We made it to Mug Night on Sunday, and now that the students are back in town it's a big change. The place was packed! For the first time all summer, we weren't able to get a table on the patio right away but we made it out there eventually and enjoyed the lovely weather. Yesterday, we went to the pool here at Oxford for the first time, and tip learned from the day, just because it's September, you still need sunscreen (check out Amber's two-toned legs). Hope you all had a good Labor Day!










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is my favorite reading of the day so far! The pictures make it extra lively. I'm pretty sure that with pants, you could work the pink boots. The gold ones though...uh noooo. Actually, most of these are definite no's, but you could probably get away with the pink ones. Funny :)

Anonymous said...

despite their hideousness i did sort of rock those boots :) and i agree the pink ones are definitely awesome. i think the kids would appreciate them on your field trips! :)

Jes said...

Thanks for thinking of me. You know that for the rest of your life when you see crocs, you'll automatically think of the fashionista that IS Jes Russo :)