Friday, March 13, 2009

Podcasting

Podcasting is kind of a new thing for me. I mean I've heard of it mentioned b/c my friend Michael listens to them all the time and he's referred me to some, but I haven't actually gotten into them until lately. And now I really like them. For those of you that don't know, a podcast is an audio broadcast that you can subscribe to over the internet - and a lot of people download them to their ipods to listen to them wherever and whenever. It's fun to subscribe and get new ones on my ipod and then listen to them on the way to work. I can catch up on all kinds of stuff during my commute!

So a couple of weeks ago, I went to the Virginia Society of Technology in Education (VSTE) conference in VA Beach to learn a little bit more about podcasting, education blogs, making videos, etc. It was pretty interesting and I definitely learned a lot of cool tech things.

And it definitely was good timing b/c I got asked to do a podcast episode for the National Ocean Service's podcast, Diving Deeper. Diving Deeper is a twice a month podcast where they interview NOS scientists (and educators, apparently) on what they do. The EC from Maryland and myself went up to Silver Spring to record it on Tuesday. Had to sit in a tiny room to make sure no extra sound was in the recording, and then we did our little script, listened to it, re-recorded a few spots and that was it! The host is in the process of editing it and then it'll be put online in April. I'll keep you guys posted on when it's available. But you can check out the other podcasts here - http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/podcast.html

No comments: