So I realize it's been almost two months since my last post, and someone who is near and dear to me and loves her blog has been complaining about the lack of upkeep here, so I'm going to try and update you on all things Sarah in the past few weeks.


After the Discovery Lab in October (which the lab has yet to recover fully and become completely clean from that still), I joined Sarah and some of the other VIMS folks in Virginia Beach for the Mid-Atlantic Marine Educators Association Conference. It was my first time attending/presenting at this conference, but I had attended the SC one when I lived in Charleston so I knew sort of what to expect. It was perfect for Sarah and I b/c not only did we get to see all kinds of cool presentations and learn a lot, but we got to room together and catch up too! My presentation on the new estuaries curriculum that we have now went really well and people seemed excited about it which was good. We had a great time, especially at the auction where Chris was taken advantage of when the ladies tried to bid on his pants (see above)! His coworkers didn't make him take them off in the end but it was hilarious watching those ladies keep bidding on them. And we got to pose with this awesome submarine for a fun picture. That's me, Chris, fish, and Sarah!
2 comments:
Much appreciated :)
Ok, so my blog has been doing weird things. I see that you posted a couple of these on um Monday? Anyway the blogs I'm following were deleted earlier today and times were deleted tonight so I didn't know who had updated and who hadn't. Even when I clicked on yours, the background didn't show up and no new entries. Reset some stuff and went back and bam 4 new entries! Yay...I've been wondering when you'd have time to post some updates.
I already know about most of it (if I had to wait 2 months to hear all of this, I'd have to drive to the burg for updates. Thankfully I'm in some of it :) haha) but still nice to see your pictures and recollections of events :)
Post a Comment