Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just what the doctor ordered

I just got back from a fun weekend in the Outer Banks to visit my friends Sarah and Ben in Corolla. They just moved there a couple of months ago and have the cutest place right across from the Outer Banks Wildlife Center where they work (check it out if you are in town b/c their educators are great - especially at the Sea Squirt Sing Along) and just 5 minutes from the beach. Friday I took off of work to drive down there. Ben was nice enough to let Sarah and I go to the beach and catch up and then cooked us a delicious meal that night of scallops. Then, we played some Yahtzee and went to the local hang out where there were a TON of fellow ECU pirates which was fun. Saturday, Sarah and Ben had to go to work so I spent my day on the beach and then reading in this amazing gazebo at the top of the dunes before you go down to the beach. It was the perfect spot. Sarah gave me a book to read while I was there and I'm still working on it but it's really good. I highly suggest it - it's called Sensuous Seas - Tales of a Marine Biologist by Eugene Kaplan. Then, we watched a movie and went kayaking at sunset in the sound. It was so nice. There was even a wedding going on at the same time so we had a little music while kayaking. Sarah and I joined in the dancing in the parking lot while loading the kayaks to the cha-cha slide song. :)

Sunday, I got to join Sarah and Ben at the Center for their Beach Exploration program and Sea Squirt Sing Along program. The participants had nothing but good things to say about Sarah and Ben's education skills when I was in the gift shop and trying to hear what they had to say! And I even got some ideas for our reserve too. It was just so nice to get a little taste of the beach before I get to go down to Hatteras for a whole week next month which I'm very much looking forward to - just 24 more days! Thanks Sarah and Ben!

No comments: