Thursday, May 8, 2008

Field Trip Season Again

It's field trip time again and Jes and I are so excited! It's been a long winter being in the office, and being outside with the kids in the water is where we like to be most. We have started out with some really interesting field trips. You never know what we're going to catch while we're out there, but last week we caught something I've never seen here - only seen them in the Keys in tropical waters. We caught a nudibranch! It was so cool - much cooler than it looks in this picture through the microscope.

Even though it's time for field trips to start back, it's still really cold in the water so we have to use the ever fashionable waders. But at least we aren't wet all the rest of the day after being in the water. But still, not looking my best in those.

Another exciting thing at work is our schoolyard habitat garden. Bob and I planted it on my birthday in 2005, so it's almost three years old and the maintenance crew at VIMS recently cut it WAY back so it looked pretty rough for a while. But it's back and looking great. The first purple blooms (need to look up the name) came this week and it finally looks great again!

2 comments:

Jes said...

Yay for field season! :D And yay for eastern shore :)

Anonymous said...

Really like your blog! Ella came in the room while I was reading it and shouted "SasSas!" She was very excited.