Friday, March 4, 2011

Hummus Vinaigrette

I made some delicious hummus vinaigrette the other night. Good for dipping sauces, salad dressing, mixing into couscous, whatever! Thought I'd share the recipe with you all...

1 cup prepared hummus (I just bought the plain hummus and used the entire container)
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup parsley
1/4 cup olive oil

Puree all of the above in food processor. (I love my food processor! Except cleaning it. I hate that part.) Add 2 tablespoons of water and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

Delicious! Enjoy! Recipe is from Noble Pig - highly recommend their recipes. All (except for one - the chicken on the same page as the vinaigrette) turned out well and really tasty. Chicken on that page - well let's just say we had a bit of a smoke issue in the kitchen!

P.S. Mine didn't turn out as green as Noble Pig's but still very pretty!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hmmm I'm going to try that. Sounds delicious.

Also, pour in a cup of warm water and pulse it and that should help.

Sarah said...

help with what?

Sarah said...

i put my cuisinart in the dishwasher, but i like andrea's idea better (sounds more sustainable)