Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crafty Sunday

Got some craft projects done today (or at least one done and another one started).

Project #1

Decided to practice my sewing skills by making some cloth napkins. Good practice and good for the environment - no more paper napkins here! Found these cute squares of fabrics that I washed and ironed, then that I just had to trim a little.
Then, folded the edges over twice, pinned it.

Then, sewed around the edges. Finished two and have six more but need some more different colored thread so I'll have to wait til I get back to the store.

Two finished ones!

Project #2

Saw this online and thought it was a cute idea for a centerpiece. Bought the pumpkins during a trip to Michael's for work this week. Spray painted them.

Then, spray painted some speckles over it in brown.
Finished product with placemats and napkins I got from World Market back in July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to do some napkins too! Love the centerpiece! Looks very cool :)