
The past week has been SUPER crazy busy. Started it off by last Thursday having a canoe trip for the Blue Crab Bowl winning high school teams to Catlett Islands. My second field trip with Sally, and it definitely went a LOT better. I decided to take the kids to the marsh and then get out of the canoes. Immediately - sinking up to your thighs in mud. But the kids were great sports and actually loved it. I got a comment from one of the kids that he was fully expecting the trip to be "lame" but that he thought it was awesome. Always good to hear.
So after the trip, I drove up to Charlottesville on my way out to West Virginia. Andrea is just so awesome - she had volunteered to host a session on hosting international students going to UVA. Just in her spare time. So I ended up getting there JUST in time to see the end of it, but it seemed to go well. We went and got some dinner, got to catch up, hang out a little, and it was really nice.
Friday, got up early with Andrea and started the journey to West Virginia. Took about four hours from Cville, but the trip was gorgeous along the way. Once, I got to WV, it was just SO exciting to see Jes, Rob, and Ellie! I really miss them. Jes showed me around the house and they just have some awesome projects going on. Her garden is just amazing and really made me want to have a backyard to get into that action myself. We got a little girl time to do some shopping and then out to dinner while Rob's mom watched little Ellie.

Saturday was the big outdoor West Virginia experience. First we stopped at Suzie's biscuits for some delicious breakfast. And then, Jes, Rob, and I headed out to the farm with Jes's dad for some four wheeling! It was awesome...a little scary at times since it was really my first time...but fun! We went all around the farm and through the woods, down hills, through creeks, through mud, etc. Saw the "camp", used the outhouse, etc. :)
When we got back, Saturday we just relaxed at the house with Jes and Rob's friend Dan. Played some ladderball and went for a walk by the river and played some games.

To be continued...

No comments:
Post a Comment