Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Chocolate Affair


Last weekend, Williamsburg was hosting A Chocolate Affair to raise money for Inclusion, which is to inspire and include children from diverse backgrounds in the community. The girls and I figured it was a good cause and for only $15 you got to try tons and tons of chocolate, so why not?
The event was really fun and definitely a "grown-up" event that we all enjoyed, even though after 30 minutes we were having chocolate overload. There were representatives from all types of businesses and restaurants from all over Williamsburg that created things for us to try. Here are some pictures of what we tried.

Passion fruit dark chocolate - one of my favorites and definitely the prettiest!


Bacon dipped in chocolate - actually didn't try this but I did have a bacon brownie which was from the same table and it was great!

Of course it being Williamsburg, there was a display on how to make chocolate.

Pretty centerpieces.


Chocolate Fountain



Another one of the more interesting concoctions - fries with chocolate ketchup which was actually really good too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww this looks so fun!

Jes said...

Whew - wow...that looks both really good and really disgusting. But glad you guys had a good time! :)

Anonymous said...

I need to try some of these chocolate and bacon concoctions I keep hearing about. After you get over the initial gross factor and actually think about it, I could see how it could be delicious.

And fries and chocolate ketchup? Was that anything to do with real ketchup or just chocolate *as* ketchup? Because I dipped fries in my Frosty at Wendy's all the time.

I think it is the perfect mix of salty (bacon, fries, etc.) plus the sweet of the chocolate that makes for a tasty treat.