Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fun Times at 1408

Lots to update tonight! Last night, Amber and I had fun evening of cooking a new recipe and playing a new game that I ordered for work, Oceanopoly. It's like Monopoly except you get to buy fish and marine animals instead of properties, and instead of houses and hotels, you buy blocks of water and big fish to put on your properties. Instead of the utilities and water company, you can buy electric eel and a tsunami. Instead of railroads - oceans. :) And on the back of the cards for each property (i.e. fish) there are fun facts to learn about. I bought it for work, but we decided we needed to try it out first at home. Amber took the first game, so I forced her into a rematch so that I could redeem myself.


We also tried out a new recipe last night that Sarah and I had tried out when I visited her - and I cooked most of it which is NOT the norm for our house. We had quinoa mixed with tomatoes, cheese, and cucumber, chilled. That was the topping that went on a baked warm portabello mushroom cap. And it was all sprinkled with some Parmesan. It was MY chance to impress Chef Knowles, and I think I did!

No comments: